Blog Archive

Monday, April 14, 2014

A Custom Luxury Item

Do you know why custom cakes are called CUSTOM cakes? Because they're made just for you. Cake artists don't have plastic decorations standing by like WallyWorld does. They don't have a set book of designs to choose from; they usually come up with the designs themselves, which is why they're called cake ARTISTS.

Let's take a look at some other things that are CUSTOM made for your special event:

Succulent wedding favors. A set of 15 costs $109.00. Have 100 people at your wedding? That'll be $763.00 please.

Sound wave wedding rings, set of 2. Fork over $1,345.00.

Custom dance portrait painting. A 16"x20" portrait will be about $165.

You say, "But I'm just ordering a cake for my 3-year-old's birthday! It's not as big of a deal as a wedding!"

Well, your toddler's birthday must be pretty darn important if you're wanting a custom cake. Anything custom is going to be considered a luxury item, so if you can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on a cake, then there's really no shame in going to the grocery store for a sheet cake.

Remember, a cake artist is making a cake JUST FOR YOU, so they'll expect to be compensated for taking time out of their lives to give your cake 100% of their attention.

1 comment:

  1. Well said! I love the creativity that goes into birthday cakes, but I generally put more time into them than wedding cakes. I just can't find that many clients willing to pay that much for a custom cake design. The ones that do get some amazing stuff though! I felt a great weight lifted from my shoulders the day I realized and accepted that not everyone can afford what I do.

    ReplyDelete